Tuesday 2 December 2008

Worried about referencing? Workshop help available

Following previous successful workshops, Colin Neville, author of 'The Complete Guide to Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism' (Open University Press, 2007), will again be at the London Met Writing Centre (Calcutta House, CMB-20) hosting a third drop-in workshop to help individual students with referencing issues that concern or interest them.
**Thursday 11th December, 1-4pm **
This is a drop-in session, so you can turn up at any point in the afternoon. Bring a current assignment and discuss with Colin your choice of sources. Or come along with questions you want answering, including:
• How do I reference certain types of sources?
• How can I make sure I am not plagiarising?
• When and how can I use my own ideas in assignments?
• When and how can I include my own experiences in assignments?
• When is it necessary – and not necessary – to reference sources?
This is an excellent opportunity to have all your referencing questions answered by an expert in this field! Could you let us know that you will be coming by emailing writingcentre@londonmet.ac.uk or calling 0207 320 1211. We look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: